At this stage, you shouldn’t expect to fully master the market infrastructure (you are making preliminary observations that you will want to reinforce with more data). However, as you make observations and start to map it out, begin to think about the key players and what their motivations might be.
1. Map the key categories of the market infrastructure.
2. Identify the top three partnerships in each category.
3. Seek to understand the motivations and needs of each player.
4. Create measurable and time-bound objectives for each potential partner and a strategy to leverage the infrastructure based on your interactions with customers.
5. If you have a team, assign an owner to each partner.